Thursday evening, Sen. Skindell addressed a room of well over 100 people at the Lakewood Democratic Club’s March meeting. A number of candidates for statehouse and other offices joined the unusually large crowd drawn by two candidates for Ohio governor: Richard Cordray & Dennis Kucinich.
During his own brief remarks, in-between the two headline guests, Skindell talked through highlights of what he has accomplished as a legislator:
- Drafting the first budget in 70 years to receive unanimous support in the Ohio House
- Getting the Department of Disabilities records online for the first time
- Passing legislation letting judges extend protection orders to companion animals, which too often have been threatened or harmed to attack a person granted a protection order
- Creating Ohio’s Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard
- Pushing back firmly against the initial draft of a congressional redistricting update—which reformers also derided as a sham—and helping to steer negotiations toward the far better language of Issue 1
Earlier in the week, Skindell paid a visit to Cleveland’s Ward 15 Democratic Club. (more…)